OCC are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Officer who will have an opportunity to work on many varied project types and add their skills and knowledge to our highly experienced team. Our people are essential in helping us reach our goals and you will be part of a valued team who are passionate about what we do.
As a Health and Safety Officer with our company you will be responsible for managing the Health & Safety function within the organisation and ensuring the highest standards are maintained within the company.
At OCC Construction, you will be part of a growing company that is leading the way in modern construction methods using new technologies, sustainable materials and innovative building methods. We believe in creating an inspiring workplace for our staff to thrive while delivering technical excellence to our clients.
Our employees benefit from a great working environment and will be provided with excellent learning opportunities and a supportive management team who are committed to providing our staff with opportunities to develop their career.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive Salary.
- Talent Development Programmes.
- Inclusive and supportive work environment.
- Funded Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities.
- A supportive work environment with a company that believes in investing in its staff.
- Being part of a company with a giving back ethos and a long established Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
Responsibilities of the role include;
- Drive, deliver and enforce compliance with the companies QEHS policies and procedures.
- Conduct frequent site audits ensuring rigorous H&S Standards are maintained across all sites. Strict follow up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all Health & Safety matters to management, Safety Representatives and Employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Ensure any accidents are reported, recorded, and investigated accordingly.
- Co-ordinate construction stage documentation in collaboration with all relevant parties.
- Drafting and communicating Method Statements and Toolbox Talks.
- Ensure that all employees have appropriate training and certification.
- Ensure that all machinery and equipment is correctly calibrated and certified.
- Ensuring that all subcontractors are carrying out their work in a safe manner as stated in their safety statements.
- Creating method statements for any high-risk work activity that is taking place on site and ensuring that Site Management communicates this to the workers involved.
Qualifications, skills & experience
- Min 1-2 years in similar position with a main contractor.
- Degree in H&S (or higher) required.
- Excellent knowledge of H&S legislation and best practice within the Irish Construction sector.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of MS office.
- Strong administration and report writing skills.
- Full Irish Driving licence
€50k – €70k DOE